Thursday, September 15, 2011

Choose Happiness

There are no words how excited I was for this past Tuesday ...
and only for the sole reason that this book was released!!!


I am SUCH a Joel Osteen fan. I love to watch him on TV, I DVR his sermons as often as I can and save them to watch, especially when I've had a bad day or are starting to feel grumpy or stressed. I have read all of his books and I was just so happy he wrote another! I love to read, I used to read all the time, but now I just have zero time... I am infamous for going to Joseph Beth or Barns & Noble and buying tons of hardback books, getting so excited about them.... to only bring them home, start one, read a few pages then fall asleep, and never finish the book lol. However, this is a different case with Joel's books.
They keep my attention, fill my head with positive thoughts, and just give me an overall inspiration.

Last night I started the book, only got 10 pages before I really did fall asleep haha BUT I wanted to share this story I read in the first couple of pages....

John was ninety-two years old and blind, but he was just as sharp as could be when his wife, Eleanor, went to the Lord. He didn't feel he should live alone, so John decided to move into a nice senior's home. On the morning of the move, he was up and fully dressed by 8am. As always, the elderly gentleman looked impeccable, with his hair perfectly combed and his face neatly shaven.

A cab picked him up and took him to the senior's home. John arrived early, as was his habit, and waited more than an hour before a young aide, Miranda, came to show him to his new room. As John maneuvered his walker through the hallways, Miranda described his room in great detail. She said sunlight came in through a big window, and there was a comfortable couch, and a nice desk area. 

Right  in the middle of her description, John interrupted her and said, "I love it. I love it. I love it!"

Miranda laughed and said, "Sir, we're not there yet. You haven't seen it. Hold on just a minute, and I'll show it to you."

John said, "No, you don't have to show it to me. Whether I like my room doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged. It depends on how my mind is arranged. Happiness is something you decide ahead of time."

Happiness is a choice.
When you wake up in the morning you can choose what kind of day you want to have.
You can choose to be in a good mood, or you can choose to be in a bad mood.
Choose Happiness!

I loved that story. It touched me.
I know it is hard to wake up every single day and choose to be happy, I struggle with that too. But reading this book brings it to my attention more and puts it in front of my face, that I will choose to happy, and thankful! And I hope you will do the same :)

You can purchase the book at almost any bookstore... or also order it from Amazon.com for only $13.88, CLICK HERE for the link

CLICK HERE to listen to his sermons on Podcast and for a list :)

CLICK HERE to receive his daily email with a short devotion. I love this. Get it every morning!

Cheers to being Happy!

hahahah
(no that's not Frankie, but it kind of looks like him I thought!) ;)
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love Joel! I've read a couple of his books but I didn't know about this one. I can't wait to get it. He is so uplifting and inspires me to be happy and in wonderful mood every time I hear one of his sermons. I would LOVE to see him live. Great post!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and questions!
Thank you so much for following :)