Saturday, March 12, 2011

The start of a new beginning.... :)

I am beyond words excited to share with you the debut of my NEW BLOGGGGY! For those of you who know me well, you will totally understand the thought of me having to keep up with, or commit to, one more think in my life is a tad bit overwhelming :) However, this is something I have wanted to do for oh so long, and now the dream has become a reality!!

This blog will be fun, informative, personal & professional, truthful and just somewhere I hope my friends, family, co-workers and whomever will check out from time to time to get the latest info in "my world!" I love pictures! So don't be mad if I have an overload of them!

For the last couple of weeks, with the help of the AMAZING PinkLouLou this blog has been created just for you! And I am so happy to finally be able to get started! Please share it with your friends, or anyone you think may be into blogging right now and would like to follow! Please check out the tabs on the right hand side (next to the awesome bling buttons!) to familiarize yourself with the two sections on my blog...mostly personal, with some business mixed in!

With the weather being so beautiful outside today, I have gotten some definite Spring Fever!!! Anyone else? Finally.... some sunshine!! So I wanted to share with you a little bit of cute patty-whacks that you can do to either give your home a quick Spring update, or get it ready to sell if you are thinking of putting it on the market... these things are just my favorite ways to add a little bit of new life to your home...and don't involve tearing out cabinets, ripping down walls, etc.
Spring Fever
Ta-da! Spring Cuteness!
1. Can we put out flowers yet? Flower boxes or planters are my first favorite thing to do for Spring. No question about it. Love flowers, love how they make your home look.
 
2. Get a new front door mat. They even sell cute ones at Lowes now! It gives a fresh look to your front entrance and will make you feel good when you walk up to it. A clean outside makes for a clean inside ;)
 
3. Get a new decorative chair! Pier 1 or Ballards have so many to choose from. Try a print you wouldn't normally do, like paisley, houndstooth, animal print or something fun!
 
4. Invest in some new throw pillows! For your sofa or your bedroom... we all know after a while they get lumpy and yuck. My favorite place to get them currently is Pier 1 or Home Goods! Target also has some good options sometimes.
 
5. Put some new knobs are your kitchen cabinets! Quick, Easy, Inexpensive. Bronze are my fave!
 
6. If you don't have 2 inch wood faux blinds, they will be worth the investment of getting if you ever think of selling your house. Mini-blinds just don't do the trick these days (sorry friends!). They average about $25 per window at Lowes, so do a few at a time if you need to. Start with the front of your house so they will look nice from the street.
 
7. Recently as I have been showing different homes, I have noticed more people taking down the blah, regular flat mirrors in their half baths or master baths, and replacing with just a nice hanging mirror! BOY let me tell you, what a difference it makes! I love it!
 
8. Lastly, and probably what would be considered the biggest and most time oriented task of all of these, paint your walls neutral. Neutral is always always always best. Whether selling or not, it gives your home a sense of cleanliness and a crisp look. Sherwin Williams "Latte" is a personal fave of mine.
 
There it is! My Spring Favorites!
 
And just for fun .... I have to share... we came to Louisville last night and got to visit Chris's nephew... Baby Jack :) Love him! How cute is he?? I could eat his face. Period. So precious.
 


 
 
Shew... I did it! First blog post, check! Thank you so much for reading! PLEASE FOLLOW ME! :)
And don't forget to set your clocks forward tonight... yes, we lose an hour of sleep BUT no more darkness at 5pm! Hallelujah!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute! Makes me want to get back to blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new blog- it's great!

    I work in the real estate industry in Charleston, SC and I have to say that I agree with every tip you listed to spruce up a home! Little changes make a big difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I love your blog so far.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and questions!
Thank you so much for following :)